Monday, January 24, 2005

Another Voice in the Chorus

Eventually we'll figure out how to get a blogroll up. In the meanwhile, Over on Niel Gaimain's blog, Teresa Nielsen Hayden answers queries concerning agents from Niel Gaiman's mailbag, and in the process compiles a pretty comprehensive directory of useful information about publishing on the web. Over on her own weblog, Teresa expands her answer, and bewails the overwhelming amout of truly bad advice on getting published.

Let me add my voice to the chorus singing "If Teresa Nielsen Hayden writes The Oppressively Real Guide to Writing and Publishing, I will buy it. I will advise all my friends, colleagues, and anyone who asks me for advice to buy it." I learned more about publishing from Making Light, Teresa's blog, than I did from Publishing 101. Really. I could have saved my tuition and my Thursday evenings.



No comments: